Are you looking for Scriptures to read about Christmas Day? It could be for a Christmas family devotional, or just a search on Bible verses about the birth of Jesus Christ.
The birth of our Lord Jesus is the most remarkable event in the history of all mankind. Christians celebrate the birth of Jesus as Christmas day.
Jesus Christ is the only son of God and the second person of the trinity. He took the form of flesh to be born on earth in order to save the whole world.
We choose to celebrate this day, a day set aside to honor our Lord – and that alone is reason to worship Him.
Jesus took His place in a manger so we might have a home in heaven. The birth of Jesus was made possible not just a new way of understanding life but a new way of living it.
Here are some Bible verses on the Birth of Jesus Christ:
1. John 1:1 “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.”
2. John 1:14 “And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth.”
3. Colossians 2:9 “For in Him all the fullness of Deity dwells in bodily form.”
4. Deuteronomy 17:1 “You shall not sacrifice to the Lord your God an ox or a sheep which has a blemish or any defect, for that is a detestable thing to the Lord your God.”
5. 2 Corinthians 5:21 “He made Him who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf, so that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.”
6. 1 Peter 2:22 “Who committed no sin, nor was any deceit found in His mouth.”
7. Luke 1:35 “The angel answered, “The Holy Spirit will come on you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the holy one to be born will be called the Son of God.”
8. Isaiah 7:14 “Therefore, the Lord Himself will give you a sign: Behold the virgin shall conceive and bear a Son, and shall call His name Immanuel.”
9. Micah 5:2 “But you, Bethlehem, in the land of Judah, are not the least among the rulers of Judah; for our of you shall come a Ruler who will shepherd My people Israel.”
10. Genesis 22:18 “And through your offspring all nations on earth will be blessed.”
11. Jeremiah 31:15 “A voice was heard in Ramah, lamentation, weeping, and great mourning, Rachel weeping for her children, refusing to be comforted because they are no more.”
12. Hosea 11:1 “Out of Egypt I called My Son.”
13. Numbers 24:17 “I see him, but not here and now. I perceive him, but far in the distant future. A star will rise from Jacob; a scepter will emerge from Israel. It will crush the heads of Moab’s people, cracking the skulls of the people of Sheth.”
14. Matthew 1:18 “This is how the birth of Jesus the Messiah came about: His mother Mary was pledged to be married to Joseph, but before they came together, she was found to be pregnant through the Holy Spirit.”
15. Luke 2:14 "Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, goodwill toward men."
16. Isaiah 7:14 "Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel."
17. John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."
18. Titus 3:4-7 "but when the kindness and the love of God our Savior toward man appeared, not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit, whom He poured out on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Savior, that having been justified by His grace we should become heirs according to the hope of eternal life."
19. John 10:27-28 "My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they will never perish. No one can snatch them away from me."
20. Romans 6:23 "For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord."